About the Elmhurst History Museum
Museum Hours:Sunday, Tuesday-Friday, 1-5 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Accessibility:Accessible lift at rear of Glos Mansion (please ring for assistance)
Contact Us:Phone at 630-833-1457 or email
History & Mission
For more information about the museum, view our .
The Elmhurst History Museum's include:
- NEW in 2015: A state-of-the-art interactive Elmhurst history exhibit, By All Accounts: The Story of Elmhurst, examining Elmhurst 165-year history.
- An array of temporary exhibits developed from the museum collection and other regional history-related topics.
- Traveling exhibits created by the Museum staff that are rented and loaned to other institutions.
- A rotating schedule of national touring exhibits from other museums and sources.
The Museum's Collection includes:
Elmhurst History Museum offers extensive resources for authors, researchers, residents, and students to discover more about Elmhurst history. Find out more about the we offer.
- A permanent collection of more than 15,000 three-dimensional artifacts.
- Archives featuring letters, manuscripts and more than 10,000 historic photographs.
- More than 300 linear feet of personal, business, and City of Elmhurst records.
- A library of more than 500 books.
- Microfilm copies of Elmhurst newspapers, censuses, and Sanborn Fire Insurance maps.
Educational are offered to adults, families, schools, and special audiences. These include, but are not limited to: