Virtual Teacher Resources
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR: VIRTUAL RESOURCES FOR EDUCATORS
General Information: The Elmhurst History Museum offers a number of different options for teachers to use including online live and pre-recorded programs and downloadable resources.
• All programs are FREE for Illinois schoolchildren and homeschool groups.
• Programs are appropriate for 1st - 5th grade.
• Reservations for live programs must be booked at least one week in advance.
• To book a program and gain access to online resources contact Jessie Wandersee, Supervisor of Education Services, via e-mail at email@example.com.
Kidstory: During this live 30-minute, artifact-based virtual program led by a museum educator, students will compare and contrast life in the early 20th-century with their own through everyday objects and historic photographs. Wildly popular in the spring, students will also receive a lesson on a typical farm chore they can try at home, butter making.
Virtual Tour of the Churchville Schoolhouse: Students can take a virtual 30-minute pre-recorded tour of the historic Churchville Schoolhouse led by the Schoolmarm and learn what a school day was like for a child in 1910. As a bonus, teachers will receive PDFs of authentic reading, writing and arithmetic lessons they can share with their students. A follow-up live video meet with the Schoolmarm is available for additional questions and engagement with an advance reservation.
History of Elmhurst Slide Presentation: This downloadable presentation explores the history of Elmhurst from its days as a Potawatomi settlement through today. Teachers can book a follow-up live meeting with an Elmhurst History Museum staff member for further questions and discussion. Available in Google Slides or PowerPoint formats.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS:
"I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for doing the virtual field trip. It was FANTASTIC! The kids really loved it and enjoyed getting to learn what school would have been like. I appreciate you taking time to meet with us." -- Elizabeth Kawa, Emerson School, Elmhurst (Spring 2020)
CONNECT TO OUR FALL EXHIBIT: Frank Lloyd Wright: Architecture of the Interior
- DOWNLOAD online teaching tools available from the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust.
- DOWNLOAD the Student Gallery Guide (perfect for extra credit projects) -- coming soon!